Community Volunteer Fire Department is a "combination department" in that its membership is comprised of both career and volunteer Firefighter/EMS personnel. The clearly defined ranks of the paid Firefighter/EMS personnel protect the area Monday though Friday 6:00am until 6:00pm. These part time personnel are generally full time employees with municipal fire departments who work for CVFD on designated days when they are not working for their respective city. In essence, our paid employees protect our citizens approximately 60 hours of each 168 hour week. The balance of the time, the Community Volunteer Fire Department relies exclusively on volunteers.
Every night of the year, every weekend, and all key holidays volunteers protect the citizens and property of our area. Our mission statement, concisely expressed is:
"…to provide fire suppression, rescue, and EMS services" …to those within our district.
Uniquely, Community Volunteer Fire Department does not have a residency requirement. In other words, we don't really care where you live … we welcome your interest and are anxious to discuss your participation in our department.
Getting started with CVFD is easy…
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete application process
- Be physically fit
- No prior experience necessary - training provided
- Criminal background check
- Clear and current Texas driver's license
- Minimal personal expense - firefighting equipment, uniforms, and training are free.
- Worker compensation insurance will pay for medical expenses if you are injured in the line of duty.
- Enjoy the excitement and personal satisfaction of being a part of an emergency services team. Do what others simply watch on television news.